I actually have a lot more than five random things going on right now, but all yall get is five, k?
1. I signed up for bartender school – In my last post I talked about how I am unhappy as a chemist & my desire to walk away from my job & the corporate lifestyle overall. Before I can do that, I gotta get my #hustle on, and being a bartender is one of my strategies. I’ve always wanted to go to bartender school, and I talked about it a few months ago on Twitter, so I finally took the plunge. I have a couple friends who went to this school & had success getting bartender positions, so I think this will work for me. I start training this weekend & I’m looking forward to it. So far I’ve discovered that I know how to make more drinks than I thought – does that make me a lush?
2. I’m feeling like I made the wrong choice about the attorney. That’s all I’m going to say about that right now.
3. Football season is almost upon us & I’m so excited! I’m happy to just be back in a city with a football team. Yall know I’m a Colts fan, so I will be cheering them on all season, along with my alma maters, the Gophers & the Yellow Jackets.
4. Ladies, have you heard of BeautyTicket.com? Its like Gilt or Rue La La but for beauty products. They sent me a coupon code so I took a look around the site & wound up ordering a “mystery pack” of items. So what was in my “mystery pack”?
- 1 Moulton Brown Not Just Lips 3 in 1 travel stick in Amazon (a pretty copper color)
- 1 Iman Perfect Eye Pencil in Nutbush (a medium brown)
- 1 Prescriptives Incredible Lipcolor in Garnet (an amazingly bright red lipstick)
- plus 2 foundations – Nars Balanced Foundation in Hawaii (could be a summertime foundation for me) as well as Sue Devitt Triple Seaweed Gel Foundation in Kimberley Plateau (my PERFECT shade & its made for dry skin -yay!).
I got all this stuff for only $15 including shipping! Love it!
5. I have a new hobby – I’m a knitter! I took a knitting class this spring through Community Ed, and I’ve been knitting all summer. I picked it up very easily & I really enjoy it, it’s very relaxing. So far I’ve made some dishclothes and 1 scarf, and I’m currently working on a 2nd scarf. This fall I’m planning to take a mitten class and a hat class. No old lady jokes ok? Knitting is very “in” right now.