It’s been a while since I’ve posted a new recipe, but I’m committed to eating better as I train for the half-marathon, so I’m trying out new things. This is a recipe I found on Everyday Paleo – another blog I love to get Primal/Paleo recipes & ideas. I love this recipe because its inexpensive; I already had all the ingredients in my pantry/fridge/freezer; and it’s a slow cooker recipe which makes it super easy.
I got a huge crockpot a few years ago from Target, which is perfect for this recipe.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I actually used 2)
- 1 can coconut milk (I used the Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Any veggies you wanna add – peppers, carrots, celery, etc – you can vary it
- 1 clove garlic (I use Trader Joe’s crushed garlic)
- Italian Seasonings – or you can try this with a variety of spices, let me know what you use
- Salt & pepper to taste
Basically, all you do is add all your ingredients to your crockpot. Stir & set on low & allow to cook for 9+ hours. At that point, your chicken should be easy to shred – I did this using a large fork & some tongs, but the chicken just fell apart. I gave it a final stir & this is how it looked.
Looks good right? And it was too – flavorful & delicious & the chicken was tender. In this batch I used too much Italian seasoning, so next time I’ll probably cut back or vary what seasonings I use. But its a perfect cold day meal & easy to put together before you leave for work.