I don’t think its a secret here on Searching for Satisfaction that I’m a big Drake fan. I have all the mixtapes & I will be purchasing Thank Me Later tomorrow. Love him or hate him, you can’t deny that this guy is everywhere now – performing with Jay-Z, on the cover of almost every magazine, and you can’t turn on the radio or music channel without hearing a song that he’s on. Nice move for a dude that until recently, most folks knew as Jimmy from Degrassi.
Someone asked me the other day why I was such a big Drake fan. Well here’s why:
- I love his flow & his voice. He’s not overly aggressive with it in every song, and he’s not a sap in every song either.
- His lyrics aren’t overly aggressive either – some rappers seem to rap strictly for those with high levels of testosterone, & its hard for me to get into rappers like that. Drake seems to realize that a lot of women love his music, but he still makes stuff that men can listen to as well.
- He’s part-singer and part-rapper, and does both well. That’s talent.
- Whoever he’s getting to do is production, is a win. You can’t deny that his stuff is catchy & will get your head nodding pretty quick.
- From certain angles he’s kinda cute…like a dog that cute when the light hits him a certain way & he has his head turned to the side, LOL.
I know most of yall been bumping the leaked copy, but go buy Thank Me Later & support an artist.
And of course, I had to leave you with some of my favorite Drake joints…
“A Night Off” featuring Lloyd – definitely a sexy song
“Slow It Down” – another one where Drake is singing
“Don’t You Have A Man” featuring Dwele & Little Brother
“Lust For Life”
“Going In For Life” – I love that he sampled Eddie Kendricks “Intimate Friends” for this